I hung out with Brian last Sunday and we had a nice time hitting the diner, hanging at home watching Justice League, and back out hours later for dinner. What he forgot is that I scored superbonuspoints by bitching out a nun on the road.
So, this nun drives up in a car and asks us if we could help her get somewhere. She shows us the address and Brian was faster to realize it was the road right in front of her than I was, but then she asks 'Which way to this address?', and we try a bit to see the numbers across the street but there weren't any houses in that section of intersection so we couldn't say. Then she asks 'Well what do I do?' as I wandered back over to her car, so I respond 'You do what you would normally do, which is drive around until you find it.', my delivery was deadpan and earnest. She said thank you and turned right, always a good choice.
It wasn't until we started walking down the sidewalk again that I realized I probably sounded like a complete bitch to the nun and yet my answer is impeccable. Woops. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment