I got a vmail at 930am from the hiring mgr at ITN saying he had some
questions for me. I called him back at 10am and he was clarifying my
class time requirement. This was odd because I'd gone over it with
everyone on wednesday. He asked what time I would need to leave, 2pm
probably to get to manassas at 430pm. Then he asked how many days a
week, I told him only 1, he had thought it would be 2 or 3. He was
relieved to hear it was only 1. This surprised me and I started
wondering if there was something abnormal about my programs schedule. I
called my friend, martin, and asked him how courses were scheduled in
his program. He said they were most scheduled like the undergrad
courses, 2 or 3 days a week. 'So that's why some of my past
interviewers have balked!', I thought. I just assumed that my programs
course schedule was normal for being in grad school, apparently it
isn't.
We re-affirmed I was interested in a fulltime position and he said that
he'd have someone from the data center in PA call and do a phone
interview. One of the open positions is a dual report between bethesda
and PA. He asked me to downplay my programming ability when I talk to
them so they don't feel intimidated. Heh, ego boost!
He asked if the hr lady had contacted me yet to fill out a job
application and get references from me. I said no and he said he'd have
her do that.
He ended by asking if I had any questions, I didn't, and said he hoped I
was still interested, I was, and he said they were very interested in me
for the position. Rock on.
So now I'm waiting for the reference request from the hr lady and the
call from PA.
2 comments:
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»
Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»
Post a Comment