I've gotten into the habit of making spinach salad for dinner when I want something really tasty and fast.
Lemongrette
Juice of 1 lemon
Splash of balsamic (to taste)
Salt and pepper
Garlic (to taste)
Spicey mustard (to taste)
Equal amount of olive oil to liquid in the bowl
Whisk to combine and it should thicken and become opaque almost immediately.
Salad
Sliced quartered red onion (to taste)
Lots of baby spinach
Put the red onion in the dressing and let it marinate for 10 minutes. Add the baby spinach and carefully mix to coat the spinach, let it sit 10 mins.
You can add anything else you like:
Chicken
Cheese
Toasted nuts
Tomato
Cucumber
Avacado
In this picture I added some leftover mozzerella and toasted pecans.
A friend had asked to take a pic of the sink after dinner preparation, so here it is. Very few dirty dishes with a meal like this.
Oh I also tore up some challah and had it with the salad.


No comments:
Post a Comment