Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet Basil in Bethesda

I worked out this morning and still being on vacation I decided to luxuriate in a relaxing lunch.  I had noticed Sweet Basil the other day walking around town and went there.

I already knew I was going to order my favorite Thai dish, drunken noodles with chicken. After seeing the menu I also ordered a chicken curry puff for appetizer.  I didn't realize that a free spring roll came with an entree order.

Everything was delicious!  The spring roll was crispy, hot, and had fresh vegetables inside.  The chicken curry puffs were amazing!  They came with a side of red onion and cucumber in some kind of faintly sweet liquid.  The red onion and cucumber with the chicken curry puff just complimented eachother wonderfully.  My drunken noodle with chicken was fantastic.

I'd definitely go back to Sweet Basil.