Thursday, May 20, 2010

My first frittata!

I needed to think of something to take a friends brunch party in a couple weeks and realized a frittata would travel well and be good for everyone.  The problem was id never made a frittata before!  I looked up several recipes and realized they all had different cooking instructions.  I decided to cut across them all and wing it.

It turned out delicious and only stuck to the pan on the sides and only then at the top where I hadn't covered with oil beforehand.

Southwest (?) Frittata

1 red onion
1 green pepper
4 cloves of garlic
1 italian sausage tofurky link
5 eggs
1/3 cup milk ( I didn't measure this but I didn't pour very much either so I'm guessing it's 1/3. )
Gorgonzola
Salt
Pepper

Preheat the oven to 350F.

Pour quite a bit of olive oil into your pan to sautee the red onion and green peppers.  Cook them as much or as little as you'd like.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Add the minced garlic at the very end and the tofurky.  Let the garlic cook for a couple of minutes and then pour the egg and milk mixture in.  Crumble the gorgonzola on top and push it down into the ingredients if you need to.  Place the pan into the oven for 25 minutes and it should be done.  When a fork in the middle comes out cleanly, you're done.

Let it sit for 10 minutes and then cut and serve.

Plain greek no fat yogurt goes very nicely on top of a slice too.

No comments: