Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spiced Oatmeal Almond Brownies



They turned out really well. I constructed a pan out of tin foil again 1. because I needed it and 2. for shits and giggles. I did a much better job this time, being only the second time.

The brownies are complicated, I like that. The almonds on top are toasted and crunchy, the inside of the brownie is soft and chewy from being a brownie and also the oatmeal. The first flavor is that of chocolate from the bite through the chew, then the heady spices reign in the late chew through swallow and thereafter. The flavor seems ever changing yet doesn't tire me.

I used this recipe as the start:
Oatmeal Brownie Recipe

and modified it by adding the spices from the Spiced Oat Bran cookies. I'll list my modified recipe below.

Spiced Oatmeal Almond Brownie Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 cup of melted butter
2 sqs of baking chocolate
3 tablespoons of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
a sprinkle of nutmeg
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt (sea salt
is fine)
3/4 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup nut

Directions

* Combine, mix and spread in a greased 9x12" baking pan
* Bake in 350F preheated oven for 25 min

No comments: