Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spiced Outrageous Oat Bran Cookies

These are the second recipe I tried.  I found 2 recipes I liked at hodgsonmill but made the one with apple sauce and spiced it like is called for in another recipe.  These are delicious.  I love the ginger and clove flavor.



I found Outrageous Oat Bran Cookies and Spiced Bran Cookies at Hodgsonmill but didn't want to bother with the molasses, so I just used the spices in the latter in the former. I also didn't use their flour, but I did use bleached and unbleached flour. I don't know if that made any difference in the recipe. My revised recipe is below.

Spiced Outrageous Oat Bran Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup Bleached Flour
1 cup Unbleached Flour
1 cup Oat Bran Hot Cereal
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
a sprinkle of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add applesauce and vanilla and mix until well blended. Add remaining ingredients: both flours, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg; mix well. Drop the dough by tablespoon on greased baking sheet about 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool about 1 minute before removing cookies to cooling rack to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

No comments: