Sunday, April 04, 2010

Pecan merengue cookies and morning coffee

This recipe for pecan merengue cookies worked out really well for me, mostly because of the oven instructions, I think.  I tried 2 other cooking methods listed in other recipes I tried and they just didn't work out.  I'll cook all merengues this way now.


Pecan Meringue Cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 cup whole pecans (preferably lightly roasted - 8-10 min at 250°F)
3 egg whites
Pinch salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar

Put the cookies sheet in the 300°F oven, close the door and turn the oven OFF. Leave them in the oven overnight. In the morning they should be ready - crisp on the outside, light and airy on the inside. If they are a little marshmallowy or chewy on the inside in the morning, just let them dry out for a few more hours.

No comments: