Sunday, January 04, 2009

New Years Resolutions?

I never make New Years Resolutions but since one of my resolutions is to change some habits then I suppose I'm going to. Paradox already! YES!

Mostly all the things I'm thinking of have 'Take better care of yourself' at the heart of them, but specifically they are:

1. Be a little cuter, a little more often. To me this means just try to get a haircut and shave more regularly, and maybe look a little nicer going to work for the express purpose of possibly going out after work for an hour or two to hang with friends.

2. Try to lose some weight. I think for this I'll resume doing pushups and prone bridges in the morning now and when the mornings get a little warmer in March or so maybe start going on fast walks/runs. I'll be coming home and riding my bike in the afternoon/evenings anyway so I'd be trying to get more physical activity into the day where I can.

3. Find doctors and go see them. This one is because I haven't been to a dentist in 17yrs and an optometrist in at least 6yrs. I'd also like to get the right side of my head fixed. The sinuses and ear and tonsil/throat are always having problems on that side of my head and it wasn't always like that in the past.

4. Try to be more social. This one ties into #1.

Those are all I can think of right now but they encompass quite a bit. I accomplished several goals in the last year that put me in a great position going into 2009. I have new financial goals for 2009 and while accomplishing them there will be room to enjoy myself more.

No comments: